Category: Unlikely Roommates
This ManBearPig hunting Vice President and this Man in Black were roommates at Harvard.
Al Gore & Tommy Lee Jones
These two movie/TV stars lived together in LA in the ’80s and formed an “Iron” bond that has lasted much longer than “24” years.
Robert Downey Jr. and Kiefer Sutherland.
These two sets of roommates may have went on double dates in the ’90s; the men are still a dynamic duo but the women don’t get along so well.
Ben Affleck & Matt Damon | Winona Ryder & Gwyneth Paltrow
Their NYC apartment was probably a real Cuckoo’s Nest when they weren’t Romancing the Stone or involved in a War of the Roses
Danny Devito & Michael Douglas
These two total opposites were roommates at Juliard and formed a lifetime friendship. When one had a horrific accident, the other was the first to make him laugh by posing as a Russian proctologist in the hospital.
Christopher Reeve & Robin Williams
Category: Covid Numbers Part 1
The following all reported [THIS NUMBER] of active or total Covid cases at some point: Ontario, Canada; Union Territory, India; the country of Malta; La Paz County, Arizona; Nonresidents of Florida who were tested in Florida; Treasure Coast, Florida; Wilkes County, Georgia; Evanston, Illinois; Osceola County, Iowa; LaFourche Paris, Louisiana; Chemung County, New York; the State of North Dakota; Gloucester, Rhode Island; Wichita Falls County, Texas; Braxton County, West Virginia; Morgan County, West Virginia; and La Crosse County, Wisconsin.
The following all reported [THIS NUMBER] of Covid hospitalizations at some point: Alberta, Canada; Jiangsu, China; the State of Colorado; Miami-Dade County, Florida; and the State of Georgia.
The following all reported [THIS NUMBER] of NEW Covid cases at some point: Saban, Borneo; Quebec, Canada; Saskatchewan, Canada; the nation of Cuba; Assam, India; Bengal, India; Jammu & Kashmir, India; Kurdistan region of Iraq; Osaka, Japan; the nation of Kuwait; the nation of Latvia; the nation of Pakistan; the nation of South Korea; the nation of Spain; the nation of Tunisia; the nation of Ukraine; Bristol, UK; Derbyshire, UK; Nottinghamshire, UK; Somerset, UK; the State of Alabama; the State of Arizona; Los Angeles County, California; Polk County, Florida; Tampa Bay, Florida; the State of Florida; the state of Iowa on two separate occasions; Louisville, Kentucky; Taylor, Michigan; the State of Minnesota; the State of New York; the state of North Carolina; the state of Oklahoma on two separate occasions; the state of Oregon; Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania; the State of Rhode Island; the State of South Carolina; the state of South Dakota; Davidson County, Tennessee; the State of Tennessee; El Paso, Texas; the State of Texas; the NOVA Region of Virginia; and the Commonwealth of Virginia on two separate occasions.
The following reported [THIS NUMBER] of total Covid deaths at some point: Victoria, Ausralia; the nation of Germany; Mohave County, Arizona on two separate occasions; the State of Georgia; Allen County, Indiana; the State of Maryland; Knox County, Tennessee; and the State of New Hampshire
Last week there were [THIS MANY] cases of Covid infection amongst “FULLY VACCINATED” people in New Hampshire.
CATEGORY: The Babysitter is a Little Weird
There wasn’t full on Californication, but if you turn back time, you’ll learn of the time he secretly watched this pop legend undress and got to sleep in her bed.
Anthony Kiedis & Cher
Years after the babysitting arrangement, one was dating Billy Bob Thornton shortly before the other one marrired him.
Laura Dern & Angelina Jolie
“Why should I change? He’s the one who sucks!” This Laker Girl and pop diva said – and I’m paraphrasing – this soft ballad singer was a no talent ass-clown at babysitting before he started winning Grammy Awards
Michael Bolton & Paula Abdul
When school was out for summer, he had a not very excellent adventure finding fake poop in his babysitter’s fridge – but at least it wasn’t dead babies!
Alice Cooper & Keanu Reeves
Blue Lines & Blurred Lines: He was babysitting this pop collaborator the night he got the call about being traded from Edmonton to Los Angeles.
Wayne Gretzky & Robin Thicke
Category: Who Said That?
“[Covid-19] is not a major threat for the people of the United States. And this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.”
Anthony Fauci | January 21, 2020 | [“Jan. 21: Fauci Says Coronavirus ‘Not A Major Threat’ To U.S.“]
“The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through material. […] I do not recommend that you wear a mask, particularly since you are going to a very low risk location.”
Anthony Fauci | Email on February 5, 2020. | [Click to view all 3,234 of Fauci’s emails that were released under the Freedom of Information Act.]
“In the United States, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wear a mask.”
Anthony Fauci | February 17, 2020. [“Top disease official: Risk of coronavirus in USA is ‘minuscule’; skip mask and wash hands“]
“When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences – people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”
Anthony Fauci | March 8, 2020. | [Clip from 60 Minutes interview on CBS News.]
“If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is seeral times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fataility rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza, which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%.
Category: Strange Music Collaborations Part 1
Song: “THE VIEW” | Hint: “VELVET PUPPETS”
Song: “DADDY LESSONS” | Hint: “THE SIN WAGON WAS JUMPIN, JUMPIN”
Song: “WINTER WONDERLAND” | Hint: “ONE MADE IT SNOW IN OZZ; ONE AUDITIONED FOR THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB TV SHOW WITH ICE ICE BABY”
Song: “THE OMEN” | Hint: “THE MOBSCENE IS RUFF”
Song: “LECK MICH IM ARSCH” | Hint: “SEVEN NATION POSSE”
Category: Name the News Corp [Multiple Headlines; Same News Source]
- Headline: “Donald Trump Descends Into Steak-Fueled Madness” [03/09/20165]
- Headline: “Donald Trump Prefers His Steak Well Done, AKA the Worst Possible Way.” [03/15/2016]
- Headline: “If You Judge People For How They Like Their Steak, You Might Be A Trump Supporter” [03/18/2016]
- Headline: “Donald Trump Eats His Steak With Ketchup, And Twitter Isn’t Happy” [02/27/2017]
- Headline: “Trump says ‘our country is full,’ but we could actually add a few trillion more people” [04/05/2019]
- Headline: “‘Our country is FULL!’: Trump’s declaration carries far-right echoes that go back to the Nazi era” [04/08/2019]
- Headline: “Opinion: Why Kamala Harris’s new immigration assignment could be a big deal” [03/24/2021]
- Headline: “Republicans try to crown Harris the ‘border czar.’ She rejects the title.” [04/16/2021]
- Headline: “Harris warns Guatemalans they will be turned back if they come to the U.S. border illegally” [06/08/2021]
- Headline: “Harris wraps up a Latin America trip that featured sharp words to would-be immigrants” [06/09/2021]
- Headline: “In Defense of the Electoral College: Five reasons to keep our despised method of choosing the president.” [11/12/2012]
- Headline: “The Electoral College Is an Instrument of White Supremacy – And Sexism” [11/11/2016]
- Headline: “This Team Thinks They Can Fix the Electoral College by 2024.” [12/14/2020]
- Headline: “Just how secure are electronic voting machines?” [08/09/2016]
- Headline: “No, the presidential election can’t be hacked” [10/19/2016]
- Headline: “Where’s the outrage over Russia’s hack of the US election?” [12/11/2016]
- Headline: “Bipartisan group of senators calls for probe of Russian role in 2016 US elections” [12/11/2016]
- Headline: “It’ll be Trump’s job to face facts on Russia hack” [12/12/2016]
- Video: “We watched hackers break into voting machines” [08/11/2017]
- Headline: “CIA director met with DNC hack conspiracy theorist at Trump’s urging” [11/07/2017]
- Headline: “2016 Presidential Campaign Hacking Fast Facts” [10/18/2018]
- Headline: “Hackers find voting machines used throughout the US are vulnerable to attack” [09/26/2019]
- Headline: “Debunking the Trump-backed conspiracy theory on Ukraine election meddling” [11/23/2019]
- Headline: “Iowa conspiracy theories show US democracy has bigger problems than foreign interference” [02/09/2020]
- Headline: “Fact-checking Attorney General William Barr’s claims on voter fraud, election interference and Jacob Blake” [09/04/2020]
- Headline: “Feds say Russia and Iran have interfered with the presidential election” [10/22/2020]
- Headline: “Fact-checking Giuliani and the Trump legal team’s wild, fact-free press conference [on voter fraud]” [11/20/2020]
- Fact Check Headline: “Can the Dominion voting software switch votes from Trump to Biden?” “THIS IS FALSE” [Date Unlisted]
- Headline: “Everyone should have a shot at paid family leave” [04/04/2017]
- Headline: “Trump’s budget to include paid family leave, but may face trouble in Congress” [05/22/2017]
- Headline: “How paid family leave hurts women” [05/30/2017]
Category: Not-So-Unlikely Roommates
These University of Texas roommates broke out with a script that had Jason Schwartzman and Bill Murray fighting over the love of a teacher. Later, they were “Royal” neighbors, “Limited” train passengers, and were involved in a “Grand” scandal at Lord Voldemort’s hotel.
Owen Wilson & Wes Anderson
One is a convicted pedophile (with the perfect name for it) and close friends with the Clintons. The other, who pretends to be funny, is close friends with pretty much all the political pedophiles too.
Anthony Weiner & John Stewart
They were probably the two most normal alumni of the Mickey Mouse Club show in the ’90s. And probably the two most normal dudes Olivia Wilde has been with.
Justin Timberlake & Ryan Gosling
It turns out the South Harmon Institute of Technology (S.H.I.T.) wasn’t the only place they lived together.
Jonah Hill & Justin Long
One of them arguably hasn’t been in a truly hilarious movie since the late ’90s or early 2000s. The other hasn’t written a truly hilarious movie since the mid 2000s. Maybe they should move back in together and try to recreate the old days.
Adam Sandler & Judd Apatow.
Category: Covid Numbers Part 2
- [THIS NUMBER] of active or total Covid cases was reported at some point in the following: Mumbai, India; San Bernardino County, California; Shasta County, California; Lee County, Florida; Catoosa County, Georgia; White County, Indiana; Nonresidents of Louisiana who were tested in Louisiana; Franklin County, Massachusetts; County Employees of Worcester County, Massachusetts; Roosevelt County, Montana; Mecklenburg County, North Carolina; University Park, Pennsylvania; Pennington County, South Dakota; Carter County, Tennessee; Davidson County, Tennessee; Shelby Count, Tennessee; Dewitt County, Texas; Jackson County, West Virginia; Mingo County, West Virginia.
- [SAME NUMBER] reported Covid hospitalizations in: the State of Louisiana; Collier County, Florida; the State of Missouri.
- [SAME NUMBER] of new Covid cases in: the Nation of Bangladesh; the Nation of Benin; Calicut, India; the Nation of Sri Lanka; Conburi Province of Thailand; Orange County, California; the State of Minnesota; the State of Ohio; Washington County, Oregon; the State of Pennsylvania; the State of South Carolina; the State of South Dakota.
- [SAME NUMBER] of Covid “recoveries” in: the Nation of Nepal; the United Arab Emirates; San Luis Obispo County, California; and Sangamon County, Illinois.
- [SAME NUMBER] of Covid deaths in: the nation of Cambodia; Mysuru, India; North West Province of South Africa; Fresno County, California; Hillsborough County, Florida; the State of Minnesota; the State of Virginia.
- [THIS NUMBER] of active or total Covid cases was reported at some point in the following: Rajasthan, India; the Nation of Israel,; the Nation of Serbia; Baker County, Florida; Prisoners in the State of Maryland; Somerset County, Maryland; Jackson County, North Carolina; Green County, Pennsylvania; Tioga County, Pennsylvania; Smith County, Texas; Washington, DC; and Harrison County, West Virginia.
- [SAME NUMBER] of Covid hospitalizations in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
- [SAME NUMBER] of new Covid cases in: the Nation of Bangladesh; Haryana, India; the State of Alabama; the State of Illinois; Shiawassee County, Michigan; Stearns County, Minnesota; Douglas County, Nebraska; Steuben County, New York; and Pulaski County, Virginia.
- [SAME NUMBER] of Covid “recoveries” in: Mobile County, Alabama; Greenup County, Kentucky; Williamson County, Texas; Lincoln County, Wisconsin.
- [SAME NUMBER] of Covid deaths in: China; the Dominical Republic; Broward County, Florida; the State of Georgia; the State of Indiana; the State of Michigan; Hart Island, New York; Nursing Home Deaths in Oregon; the State of Oregon; Dallas County, Texas; Hidalgo County, Texas.
- [THIS NUMBER] of active or total Covid cases was reported at some point in the following: the Nation of India; Lee County, Florida; East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana; Cortland County, New York; Caddo County, Oklahoma; Douglas County, Oregon; Jefferson County, West Virginia; Ohio County, West Virginia; the Nation of Wales.
- [SAME NUMBER] of Covid hospitalizations: the State of North Carolina
- [SAME NUMBER] of new Covid cases: Assam, India; the Nation of the Philippines; the State of Georgia; Bannock County, Idaho; Worcester County, Massachusetts.
- [SAME NUMBER] of Covid deaths in: the State of Virginia
- [THIS NUMBER] of active or total Covid cases was reported at some point in the following: Saskatchewan, Canada; Maharashtra, India; the Nation of Poland; Martin County, Florida; Bannock County, Idaho; Dekalb County, Illinois; Androscoggin County, Maine; Jackson County, Missouri; Fremont County, Montana; Livingston County, New York; Nursing Homes in the State of Ohio; East Providence, Rhode Island; Fayette County, Tennessee; Angelina County, Texas; Midland County, Texas; Henry County, Virginia; James City County, Virginia; Clark County, Washington; Jefferson County, West Virginia; Mercer County, West Virginia.
- [SAME NUMBER] of new Covid cases in: Tamil Nadu, India; the Nation of Iraq; Chilton County, Alabama; the State of Oregon; the State of Wisconsin.
- [SAME NUMBER] of Covid recoveries in Auglaize County, Ohio; Shelby County, Ohio; Washington County, Oklahoma; Waupaca County, Wisconsin.
- [SAME NUMBER] of new Covid tests administered in: Bay County, Florida; Lee County, Iowa; the State of Utah.
- [SAME NUMBER] of Covid deaths in: Delhi, India; Jakarta, Indonesia; the Nation of Ireland; Moscow, Russia; and Chicago, Illinois.
- [THIS NUMBER] of total or active Covid cases were reported at some point in the following: the Nation of Costa Rica; the State of Arkansas; Grayson County, California; Knox County, Illinois; the State of Maine; Macomb County, Michigan; Chippewa County, Wisconsin.
- [SAME NUMBER] Covid hospitalizations in: the Nation of Iraq; Broward County, Florida.
- [SAME NUMBER] of negative Covid tests registered in: King County, Washington.
- [SAME NUMBER] of new Covid cases in: the Nation of the Philippines; the State of Florida.
- [SAME NUMBER] of Covid recoveries in: San Bernardino County, California; Douglas County, Nebraska.
- [SAME NUMBER] of Covid tests given in: the Nation of New Zealand; the State of Utah.
- [SAME NUMBER] of Covid deaths in: the Nation of Mexico; the State of Iowa; the State of Louisiana; Nursing Home Residents in Michigan; Nursing Home Residents in Pennsylvania; the State of Virginia.
Category: He did What?! [Special Wife-Created Category!]
He played Gaston from Beauty and the Beast in a 1996 Australian stage play version.
He started his own coffee company called “Laughing Man Coffee” after meeting a fair trade coffee farmer in Ethiopia.
He appeared on WWE Raw and helped Zach Ryder defeat Dolph Ziggler by punching him in the jaw while the referee was distracted.
One of his early jobs was working as a professional clown.
He turned down an offer to be James Bond; he later did a stage play and fundraiser with Daniel Craig (and raised over $1.5 million!).
Category: What a Coincidence!!!
Donald Rumsfeld said the Pentagon could not account for $2.3 Trillion in transactions the day before this major event.
The attacks of September 11, 2001.
Someone – probably John Podesta, who was in charge of media relations for the situation – leaked the Clinton-Lewinsky story to the press just in time to distract from the Congressional hearings regarding [THIS SCANDAL]
The Chinese Intelligence donations to the DNC and Clinton leading up to the 1996 Election
- Original Drudge Report of Lewinsky Scandal [01/17/1998]
- Bill Clinton’s Famous “I did not have sexual relations” moment. [01/26/1998]
- Hillary Clinton, on TODAY Show, says the Lewinsky scandal is a “far right conspiracy theory.” [01/27/1998]
- Charlie Trie Indicted: Clinton Friend Linked to Questionable Fund Raising [01/28/1998]
- Vernon Jordan – Clinton friend & major player in Lewinsky and Whitewater, begins his Grand Jury Testimony [03/03/2021]
- Democratic Fund-Raiser Johnny Chung Agrees to Plead Guilty [03/05/1998]
- Chung To Implicate Chinese State Business In Moneytrail [03/06/1998]
- Kathleen Willey gives four hour testimony before Grand Jury regarding sexual harassment and improprieties regarding Clinton. [03/10/1998]
- Investigation of Illegal or Improper Activities in Connection with the 1996 Federal Election Campaigns: Final Report of the Committee on Governmental Affairs, United States Senate, Together with Additional and Minority Views. [03/10/1998]. [Read Volumes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
This man funded the construction of the Titanic and canceled his ticket aboard it at the last minute. His enemies and opponents to the federal reserve – Benjamin Guggenheim, Isidor Straus, and John Astor – all died in the sinking.
- J.P. Morgan financed the creation of the International Mercantile Marine Company (IMMC) in 1902. They later purchased and operated the White Star Line company, owners and operators of the Titanic. [source] [Believe it or not, even Wikipedia admits this.]
- Others who canceled their trip on the Titanic at the last minute [source]:
- Milton S. Hershey, founder of Hershey Chocolate Company.
- Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt, who canceled so late that many newspapers initially reported him as a casualty when he didn’t turn up “rescued.”
- Guglielmo Marconi, Nobel Prize winner and “father of the radio.” The radio transmitters for the SOS calls on the Titanic were Marconi Company brand.
- Isidor Straus: UK National Archives, Titanic Passenger List.
- Col. J. J. Astor, UK National Archives, Titanic Passenger List.
- Benjamin Guggenheim, UK National Archives, Titanic Passenger List.
George Bush Sr., Lyndon B. Johnson, and Richard Nixon were all in Dallas the night before this more notable world event.
The Assassination of John F. Kennedy
- FBI Memo placing George Bush Sr. in Dallas the day of the assassination:
- DC District Court Affidavit by George William Bush, the man the government asserts was who the above memo was referencing. George William Bush was a “junior watch officer” at CIA headquarters, not an agent, and was not in Dallas on 11/22/63. This source also includes several old newspaper clippings regarding George H. W. Bush.
- Additional FBI memo showing George H. W. Bush (specifically using both middle initials) was “proceeding to Dallas, Texas, would remain in the Sheraton-Dallas Hotel and return to his residence on 11/23/63” (the day after the assassination).
- The American Bottlers of Carbonated Beverages convention was a four day event [source]. The “rip cap tab” for aluminum cans was a big focus of excitement at the convention [source].
- Lyndon Johnson arrived in Dallas on November 19 and at some point made an address at the American Bottlers of Carbonated Beverages convention [source].
- Richard Nixon flew to Dallas on November 20, 1963 for the Annual Meeting of the American Bottlers of Carbonated Beverages at the Market Hall. Joan Crawford, widow of deceased Pepsi Chairman Alfred Steele was also aboard and nearby. Nixon was working for a law firm that represented Pepsi at this time, in between his political tenures. On November 21, the day of the convention Nixon, Crawford, and several Pepsi executives skipped the convention’s closing ceremonies and spent the evening at the Statler Hilton Hotel’s Empire Room [source]. Nixon also made comments that, “Kennedy’s so-called nonpolitical trip proves Texas is a major political battleground for 1964” [source].
- Kennedy was expected to attend a luncheon in Dallas on November 22. He was also scheduled to attend a fundraising dinner on the night of the 22nd in Austin and spend the night at the ranch belonging to Johnson [source]. Democrats in Dallas were angry in advance; the luncheon was not supposed to be political, but they said that it seemed as if “Republicans were running the Dallas luncheon and that it had the appearance of a rally for Richard Nixon” [source]. Another complained that, “from the invitation list so far in Dallas, one would think Nixon won and was coming to Dallas to greet his dedicated workers” [source].
But enough on that topic for now. Perhaps I will dig much further for a future article.
The winning Illinois pick-3 numbers were 6-6-6 the day after this event.
2008 Election of Barack Obama | [source]
Category: Strange Music Collaborations Part 2
Song: “PLAY ME” | Hint: “IS LIFE PEACHY OR IS IT A BITCH?”
Song: “HOME” | Hint: “TWO TYPES OF BEGINNINGS”
Not just a song, a whole album: “44/876” | Hint: “THAT’S WHAT THEY ALL TELL THE COPS”
Song: “BRING THE NOISE” | Hint: “THE MADHOUSE AND THE TERRORDOME ARE PROBABLY MORE SIMILAR THAN YOU’RE THINK”
Song: “LITTLE DRUMMER BOY / PEACE ON EARTH” | Hint: “ONE DANCED IN THE STREET, ONE TAP DANCED WITH DANNY FUCKING KAYE”
Category: Someone Should Look Into That
I’m not going to post on this category because I intend to write full articles about each of the things in the near future. But if you want to know what they are, you’ll just have to listen to the episode.