Show Notes & Extra Sources for Episode #69 “Good to be Back!”
The guys begin by taking some time to discuss major life changes, the importance of addressing your mental health, and how doing so may benefit the next generation of parents and children.
While they have some reflection on how “old” they are, we learn the “official” meanings of “YEET” and “SHEESH” as well as the throwback “RAMMY CACKED”
Hog Calling Contest?!
…is there even anything else I can say about this?
UFO Predictive Programming
The US government recently joined several other nations in admitting that there are “UAPs” (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) – in other words, UFOs.
You can read the official report on the Director of National Intelligence website here – but be prepared to be very disappointed.
The evolution of alien-related movies over the past few decades is discussed, the most recent blockbuster alien film being The Tomorrow War, in which they not-so-subtly blame global warming for us being invaded by aliens. [My note: ‘Global Warming’ is about to be the new Covid. Lockdowns, movement tracing, quantity restrictions etc. Be ready.]
If you’re unfamiliar with Project Blue Beam, the short summary is that it is a multi-step plan to discredit all the world’s religions through destruction of artifacts, “finding” new artifacts that contradict various religious doctrines, and projecting holographic, regionally-specific deities into the sky to speak to the people in local languages, before the gods/deities merge into one being, the Antichrist. The Antichrist will then speak to people telepathically, warning them of an upcoming alien invasion. The goal is to have the remainder of every other alien invasion movie since Independence Day play out: the people will “realize the need” for a one-world government to fight the external threat.
Sound crazy? Maybe. But some of the technology has been used by the US Military as far back as the Gulf War, and Ronald Reagan made comments suggesting exactly such an event back in the 80s.
If Only They Knew…
I blow up a group text I have with Kyle and Nick on an almost daily basis with news updates and memes making fun of whatever is going on. If only they knew how many articles I DON’T send because I assume they’ve already seen them…
Space Force $$$
The Air and Space Forces released their combined budget proposal on May 28 as part of the Biden administration’s overall spending request for the 2022 fiscal year. The Department of the Air Force’s request calls for $173.7 billion, a 3% increase over the current budget. The Air Force’s budget of $156.3 billion represents a 2.3% increase, and the Space Force’s budget of $17.4 billion is a 13.1% increase from FY 2021.
The guys have a balanced chat about the economic impact of Covid-19, unemployment, stimulus checks, incentives and disincentives for working or staying home, the downside of getting a pay raise, and various kinds of taxes. Spoiler alert: taxes suck, the government sucks.
90s Trivia Answers
- Natalie Imbruglia: Starred in the UK show Neighbours.
- The Cheers Bartender was named Sam Malone (played by Ted Danson)
- The song “Save Tonight” was performed by Eagle Eye Cherry.
- Björk is from Iceland.
- Maggie Simpson is the one who shot Mr. Burns (aka Jacob Rothschild?!)
- Kelsey Grammer was in Cheers in the 80s-90s and the spin-off Frasier in the 90s-00s.
- Bonus: the voice of Sideshow Bob in 22 episodes of the Simpsons
- Bonus: a reboot is coming where Frasier is really rich. What?!
- The song “This is How We Do It” was performed by Montell Jordan
- Kelly and Zack were dressed as Romeo & Juliet when they broke up on Saved by the Bell.
- Special Agent Dale Cooper was played by Kyle MacLachlan in the original Twin Peaks series.
- The Goosebumps books were written by R.L. Stine.
- Cory’s brother on Boy Meets World was named Eric.
- South Park takes place in Colorado.
- Rocko from Rocko’s Modern Life is a Wallaby. [This was my favorite cartoon, so I was very disappointed by their answers….]
- Phoebe’s “evil twin” on Friends was named Ursula.
- Kurt Cobain from Nirvana died in 1994. [And it was not a suicide, darn it.]
We all know a few…
…… but I also like Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, to be fair.
But which one is the REAL Morning Star?
- Isaiah 14:12: “How art thou fallen from Heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!”
- Revelation 22:16: “I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.”